Friday, December 14, 2018

Re: Food Choices. Sometimes it's all about survival

Happy Friday friends.



Well I have successfully completed 8 days of food & movement logging. You can check it out here if you have not already.

https://www.intuitivelyhealing.com/easy-blog

Edited to add: I now just post my daily eats on this blog. The easy blog App for some reason deleted all of my old updates! Just ignore the link above

As I look through this past 8 days of eating one word comes to mind. Survival. Why survival? Because as a recovering binge eater and emotional eater sometimes ANY meal or ANY food option is a success to me if it's not a binge. Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. Sometimes depending on my mood, stress level, whats happening in the week etc...I don't have the energy or strength to care if I'm getting enough veggies in or how much sugar I have eaten or if something is organic or not. Sometimes all that matters is that I've had 3 square meals - nothing more, nothing less. Sometimes that is a win for me. Since the summertime I have been focusing on making little changes where I can - for example, walking more. In the summertime it was actually hard for me to walk. My legs would get sore very fast, I had a hard time breathing, got winded easily and gave up easily. Now I can easily walk for over an hour and I feel great. No breathing troubles, legs feel great, I can keep up with Lola and I can do it over and over and over again with minimal issues! I've noticed changes in my body, weight, stress levels and overall mood by getting out in the fresh air and moving my body almost daily. Not to mention Lola seems to be enjoying it ;)

Bottom line is, I have looked back over my food log and yes I see where I could be making changes, the need for more veggies and less refined options and smaller portions but I'm not beating myself up over it. Small changes over time; that's the goal.Speaking of which one small change Brent and I have been making is less caffeine (specifically coffee) We did not have coffee this week from Sunday to Thursday! We kept our goal of just enjoying coffee on the weekends. I've also been thinking about trying a juice challenge next week. I'm going to try having celery juice each morning for breakfast from Monday December 17th to the 21. I'm not sure how my taste buds will feel about this but we shall see. I have been reading up on the benefits of celery juice - especially if you drink it on an empty stomach in the morning and I think it could be really beneficial for me! I specifically heard about the benefits for the first time from "The Medical Medium" Check this out! 


It seems like something so simple and affordable that I could be doing that might give me some amazing results and benefits!

Stay tuned :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Repressed Emotions

Hello blog world... I seem to have tons of thoughts flowing through me at the moment and the best way I can get them out is to write! Hope...

Popular Posts