Monday, December 31, 2018

Freedom from "food worry"

This has been one of the best Christmas holidays for me in a really really long time. I have had minimal anxiety around the food I am choosing to eat or not eat and what I'm choosing to drink or not drink. So many years I have been stuck in a dark,gloomy head space all connected to food, calories, weight gain etc.In previous years holidays have been a miserable time for me. It really makes for an unenjoyable holiday and a stressed out Jocelyn. I think sharing my food and movement log has helped tremendously this year. Because at the end of the day it's just food. I have worked so hard to break negative connections with it. Eating what I want and moving a little every day has given me new perspective going into 2019. Are there changes I want to make after looking at my food log? Definitely. Will I be doing it slowly so that I don't freak out or get overwhelmed...absolutely. Slow and steady wins the race. Little changes made over time lead to big results! Maybe this isn't the best advice but then again I'm no guru.
Image may contain: text that says 'There are only 2 days left in 2018. Do what ever you want. Eat that entire cake. Watch TV all day in a blanket cocoon whilst covered in biscuits. Be your your Resolution you can wait 48 hours. Dave'

I'm not saying to binge or ruin your healthy patterns. I'm just saying...be around the people you want to be around. Do what you wanna do on this last day of 2018. Eat what you want to eat. But don't forget to slow down and savour each bite and moment.Don't dwell on it. Whatever produces the least amount of stress. Do that! Hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Repressed Emotions

Hello blog world... I seem to have tons of thoughts flowing through me at the moment and the best way I can get them out is to write! Hope...

Popular Posts