Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dog Owner Life: Through the trenches

Good evening everyone!

Another day alive thank you Universe.

After getting Brent off to work and Lola fed plus taken out I had coffee...ya it's becoming a problem! What happened to my "only have coffees on weekend rule?" This is why I try not to make plans. Anyways I had two coffees and a bowl of cornflakes with almond milk and a bowl of fruit.

Before lunch I got Lola out for a walk. She was being calm on the leash so I made the decision to continue on and we went our 30 minute walk. It felt great. After over 2 weeks of sickness I am on the up and up. It also seems like Lola's hormones are balancing out as she wasn't as bad on the leash today. Still some pulling and wanting to jump and greet passerbys but as our vet said this week. In all honesty Lola is a typical chocolate lab albeit perhaps a touch more high strung than some, she is still in puppy mode. No matter how much training or how consistent, no matter which fancy collar you try to use,  this is how she will be for a few more years. It's just a matter of going through the trenches with her 😬 If you don't have or never have had a lab, particularly a chocolate than you don't know!
We have been on a wild ride with this Chocolate Lab of ours. My best advice to a new lab owner would be: a tired lab is a happy and well behaved lab :)

After our walk and playing in the yard :) Don't worry...the nap didn't last long! Sneak lick attack!

Lunch consisted of 1.5 toasted turkey sandwich. Gluten free bread topped with turkey, tomato, cheese, mayo and lettuce.

Brent called on his way home from work. A buddy from work had KFC for lunch and Brent was craving it so he asked if it would be alright if he brought some home for dinner. Um...don't have to pull my arm sweetheart! Dinner ready for tonight and doubles for lunches tomorrow?? Sweet!
I had two pieces of chicken, some fries with gravy and coleslaw.
This reminded me of mother and fathers day growing up. We would go to my mom's parents house and we usually would get KFC as a treat. Every other holiday my grandma would cook a huge meal. But mothers and fathers day they took the day off ;)
We also had a slice of chocolate cake by McCain's also from KFC ...aka Canadian crack.

I have some different posts lined up for the week! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Repressed Emotions

Hello blog world... I seem to have tons of thoughts flowing through me at the moment and the best way I can get them out is to write! Hope...

Popular Posts